Apex Aleworks Homebrew Class • July 17, 2021
Beginners, hobbyists and brewers with any level of experience welcome.
Our Head Brewer, Ben Tatman, will be leading the class.
We may be surprised with a few guest visits from local homebrew clubs like ZZ Hops, Missouri Mashers, and Kansas City Bier Meisters.
The craft recipe for the class is a banana milkshake IPA.
Once tapped it’ll be pouring cold in the taproom and served to patrons. Come back and enjoy the hops of your labors.
Receive hands-on experience from mash-in to knock-out, transfer to the fermentation tank, and concluding with bottling techniques.
Learn how to create the banana-like flavor and creamy mouthfeel using a genetically modified yeast and lactose.
Taught on-site in the Apex Aleworks brewhouse using our 50-gallon brew in a bag pilot system. This system’s processes and techniques are similar to homebrewing.
Homebrewing equipment will be on-site to correlate the brewery’s equipment used in class and the scaled-down equipment used for homebrewing.
Admission: $25 per person
• Free Apex Aleworks craft beer flight during or after class.
• Hands-on involvement in the Apex Aleworks brewery.
• Learn a brewing process similar to homebrewing.
• Experience the steps from the grain bill to pitching the yeast.
• 10% off brew supplies at Apex Aleworks Brew & BBQ Supply Store following the class.
• Class size is limited to 8 participants to allow for the maximum benefit of learning and interaction.
• Visit the taproom once the class’s collaborated brew is ready to be tapped.
• Your first pour is on us. Bragging rights allowed!
Closed-toe shoes are required for the class. Must be 21 years of age to attend. No refunds, however, you may transfer your admission to another person.
At checkout, we'll have your contact information if for any reason there's a cancellation or other important information to share with you.
You may also come into the Brew & BBQ Supply Store to purchase your ticket.
Ticket Sales End: Friday • July 16, 2021